Aug 17, 2008

Fingersmith Reading notes (Part 1)


"...Her crinoline was made of watchspring. Her hair, inside its net, was fixed with half a pound of pins, and a comb of silver. Her petticoats and shimmy were calico. Underneath it all, however, she was soft and smooth as butter. Too soft, I thought her, I imagined her bruising. She was like a lobster without its shell...."(P.88) (0806)
Sarah老大,妳把Maud形容的太可口了!好想把Maud咬下去呀 (羞)

"Her breath was sweet. Her hands and arms were warm. Her face was smooth as ivory or alabaster, In a few weeks' time, I thought - if our plot worked - she would be lying in the bed of madhouse. Who would there be to be kind to her, then?" (P.93)

"... the more I said to myself, 'She's nothing to you', the harder I tried to pluck the idea of her out of my heart, the more she stayed there. All day I sat or walked with her, so full of the fate I was bringing her to I could hardly touch her or meet her gaze; and all night I lay with my back turned to her, the blanket over my ears to keep out her sighs. But in the hours in between, when she went to her uncle, I felt her - I felt her, through the walls of the house, like some blind crooks are said to be able to feel gold. It was as if there had come between us, a kind of thread. It pulled me to her, wherever she was. It was like -
It's like you love her, I thought." (P.144)

"....' what it is a wife must do, on her wedding - night!' " (P.146)
該死,晚上睡不著翻書來看,竟然看到這段,這下子整夜睡不著了。

"... I shivered. Still she held my gaze with hers. Then she spoke again. 'Come here,' she said." (P.169) (0816)
竟然在我等Mama's的Brunch最久的一次看到這段,一邊流口水一邊肚子餓,真為難我 (腦子裡都是畫面)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...